- The ABI organizes the Grace Hopper Celebration for Women in Computing and offers a yearly scholarship to attend GHC. Students may apply for the scholarship any number of times.
- The Student of Vision Award is presented at GHC. Application deadlines are typically over the Winter break.
- The ABI also manages the Google Anita Borg Memorial Scholarship.
- The ABI recently added two student position to its board of trustees. Nominations occur yearly in the summer.
- CRA-W sponsors the Grad Cohort Workshop for early-career graduate students and discipline-specific mentoring workshops for later-career graduate students.
- UMass Amherst now has a chapter of the national GWIS organization. GWIS offers peer mentoring, professional development, outreach, and social activities for persons across stem. GWIS is open to all graduate students.
- NCWIT facilitates numerous webinars on outreach, mentoring, and more!
- NCWIT administers the Aspirations Scholarship for high school students.
- NCWIT administers the Student Seed Funding Competition.
Fellowships & Scholarships
- The Google Anita Borg Memorial Scholarship
- Microsoft Research Graduate Women Scholarship
- Scholarships for Women Studying Information Security (SWISS)
- MAGIC is a program for remotely mentoring teenaged girls in STEM fields. In order to become a mentor, you must currently be a women working in a STEM field and must undergo mentor training. The commitment is approximately 2 hours per week.
- Tech Foundry is an educational non-profit based in Springfield that helps high school- and community college-educated locals find job placements in Springfield’s tech sector. Their training program is run by volunteers (which could be you!).